Delta Air Lines is undertaking a complex, phased project to rebuild a state-of-the-art terminal at LaGuardia Airport. The scope of this “Mega Project” includes:
- Phased Demolition of Existing Terminals C and D
- Construction of Four New State-of-the-Art Concourses
- Construction of New Central Head House
- Construction of Temporary Roadways and New Roadways
- Construction of New Two-Level VFH Parking Garage
- Expansion of East Parking Garage
- Construction of Landside Connector from the New Head House to the Central Terminal
- Construction of a New Electrical Substation and a Central Utility Plant
- All New Aprons
- Hydrant Fueling System
The new terminal will have 38 gates located on the four concourses, connected by a centralized lobby, security checkpoint, and baggage claim. With the new design, the gates will have access to dual taxi lanes allowing flights to arrive and depart simultaneously, something not possible now, which will greatly improve airfield efficiency. The terminal will feature a larger Delta Sky Club, expanded concourses, larger gate hold-rooms with more seating, and 30 percent more concession space than the existing Terminals C and D. Other improvements include direct access between the parking garage and terminal, improved roadways, and drop-off/pick-up areas, and a curbside check-in bypass leading directly into the security checkpoint.
Group PMX is directly under contract with Delta Air Lines on the project supporting the Construction Management Team in Program Controls, Project Management, and Field Supervisiory roles.