In 2016, Group PMX, in partnership with STV, was selected by the New York City Economic Development Corporation (EDC), to serve as Program Manager for NYC Health + Hospitals’ $1.7 billion, FEMA-funded capital program to advance the City’s resiliency plan by repairing and protecting four public hospitals damaged by Superstorm Sandy. The affected hospitals were:
- Coney Island Hospital in Brooklyn, NY
- Bellevue Hospital Center in Manhattan, NY
- Metropolitan Hospital in Manhattan, NY
- Coler Rehabilitation and Nursing Care Center in Roosevelt Island, NY
The program includes 20+ Priority Mitigation Projects aimed at repairing and restoring hospital functions damaged by Superstorm Sandy, as well as “major work” projects to protect against future major disasters, all within active and operational facilities.
The most notable project of the program is the new Critical Services Structure, a 10-story, 350,000 square foot acute care tower to be built as part of the Major Work Project at Coney Island Hospital. This project includes the demolition of two existing buildings, construction of a permanent flood wall along the perimeter of the campus, and on-site valet parking for 300+ cars.
Group PMX’s team has fulfilled various roles and contributed to the program by:
- Providing preliminary scoping/estimating support as well as consolidating and validating multiple budgets and costs from various entities to develop, track, and report on an approved program-wide master budget.
- Identifying pertinent inter-relationships, long lead activities, and other potential risks requiring mitigation to deliver and track the approved program-wide master schedule.
- Advising and supporting the owner’s Project Management team during all project phases, from planning and procurements, through design and construction, to close-out.
- Enforcing program governance to ensure compliance with the program processes and procedures.
- Administering e-Builder, the program management software for process workflows, overall documentation repository, and cost reporting.